Please see the stipend change (from $100 to $500) per student for the duration for 18 days. ESL Arts Advantage stated they are still in urgent need of 20 host families.
For more information, please contact Gayliene Omary by phone: 916-538-4008 or email: email@example.com. Your early response will be greatly appreciated.
We have been contacted by Gayliene Omary, Program Director, from ESL Arts Advantage, to help host 40 students from Chengdu, China, between July 16 to August 3, 2012. This is an urgent request as these students will be arriving in Sacramento on July 16th. The students are part of the English as a Second Language (ESL) exchange program, and are looking for host families in the Greater Sacramento Area for the "American Experience".
Below are basic information and requirements to the host family:
- Students, ages 14 to 17
- Students are 100% insured by the host organization, ESL Arts Advantage
- 2 students of the same gender will be placed with each family, or up to 4 if you have the capacity
- Each student will need separate sleeping quarters, room sharing okay
- Host family covers breakfast and dinner, M to F, and weekend activities and meals (normal activities such as shopping in supermarkets, etc. Free activities are fine, no need to spend money on them if not desired, they just want to experience America)
- Host family transports students to and from their ESL Arts Camp, M to F, 8am-drop off, 5pm-pick up. Art Camp located at 501 Arden Way, Sacramento
- Host family will receive $100 $500 stipend per student, for the duration of 18 days
Host family are NOT required to speak Chinese as these students are here to learn and experience "American Living", there are no special requirements to the host family other than just include them in your routine activities on the weekends.