6. May 2015 13:45
APAPA Bay Area 2015 Internship Program
Friday, May 22, 2015
The APAPA Bay Area College Summer Internship Program in San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland area is designed to prepare college students of Asian Pacific Islander background to become future leaders in the State of California. The program provides an opportunity for students to work in the offices of elected official and policy offices across the Bay Area as staff interns, and develop their leadership skills, gain public policy experience and become civically engaged.
The internship program will help interns develop:
Political awareness and civic engagement
An understanding of the government and the legislative processes
Professional and leadership growth
Networking opportunities with elected officials and community leaders
The program is open to all undergraduate college students with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants will be selected on the basis of demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, community service, and academic performance.
If you have any questions, please contact:Patricia Cheng, Internship Coordinator925-759-2488, firstname.lastname@example.org
9. March 2015 17:44
About the Internship
Full-time, 10-week internship in a state legislative or state agency office;
Dedicated mentorship; and,
Personalized curriculum to public policy interest(s).
Be a college junior or senior (not by unit standing).
Demonstrate exemplary commitment to public service.
Be available to work full-time for the duration of the 10-week summer internship program.
Have good academic standing, with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
1. Personal Statement.
The personal statement may not exceed 2 pages.
The format must be 1-inch margins, Times New Roman 12 point font, and double spaced.
We are interested in learning about you, your aspirations, and your interest in becoming an APSEA Foundation sponsored-APICA summer intern. Please use the three pages to convey your perspective, personality, and your writing ability. Share an experience that first sparked your interest in public policy. How does this internship fit within your interests in public service? What specific skills do you wish to gain or refine? Is there a specific policy area that interests you?
Please proofread your statement, as grammatical or typographical errors may weaken your application.
Please contact the Asian Pacific Islander Capitol Association Board at APICA.Internship@gmail.com with any questions.
3. Two letters of recommendation.
One letter cannot be from a Member or employee of the California Legislature.
4. Unofficial transcript(s) from each college and university attended.
5. Submit application materials to APICA.Internship@gmail.com.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 13, 2015
Late March/Early April: Acceptance letters sent to selected interns.
June: Class of interns begin their internship in Sacramento.
The Asian Pacific Islander Capitol Association (APICA) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization comprised of legislative staffers, lobbyists and advocates, as well as other Asian Pacific Islander (API) professionals in the Capitol community. Through leadership training programs, informative sessions with API leaders, and annual receptions, APICA serves as a support network that promotes API staff recruitment and development, and connects its members to the local API community.
3. March 2015 10:27
Join us for the 11th Annual Capitol Internship Award & Scholarship Fundraising Gala on Saturday, April 11th at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento!
To RSVP or for more information, please contact APAPA National Headquarters at email@example.com or call 916-928-9988 ext. 100.
Click here for our event flyer and sponsorship form.
12. February 2015 10:55
Assistant Brand Manager, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Lead
From Ms. Nelly Chang at DISH Network, LLC.
The DISH International team is accountable for the strategy, growth, and P&L across all of its language platforms. For more than 15 years, DISH has been the pioneer in International Content for U.S. ethnic markets including: Hindi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, Brazilian, Polish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and many others.
We have a robust content delivery model and significant exclusive content. This enables DISH to lead content trends and subscriber preferences to continue to delight consumers with ongoing technological advancements across various platforms for content viewing. This is an exciting time to be part of the DISH International business as there is renewed focus on continuing to grow and expand the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This role can also be structured as either an Assistant Brand Manager or Senior Assistant Brand Manager role depending on the experience of the candidate.
The Assistant Brand Manager has responsibility for the satellite US, and the focus of the role will be to execute the strategy and plan to grow new subscribers and retain existing subscribers. The Assistant Brand Manager will be measured on customer acquisition numbers, revenue, subscriber count, and brand metrics.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
· Execute strategy, programming packaging and pricing recommendations to meet business targets
· Grow the subscriber base by aggressively driving new activations as well as retain existing customer base by focusing on customer satisfaction and user experience of our product
· Drive metrics across all other functional areas including operations
· Coordinate marketing and programmer/partner relationships
· Execute strategic initiatives, including promotional strategy, external business partnerships, and technology initiatives to drive business growth
· Leverage consumer insights to deliver breakthrough, integrated marketing plans that build the business and the DISH brand.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
This is a high-energy role that requires a skill-set beyond being fluent in the ethic language. This is a role for a well-rounded business person who has a bias for action and can hit the ground running and drive results immediately. This role is challenging given the dynamic market landscape and new marketing challenges, and will allow the right candidate the opportunity to make a big impact in a short time as they grow an important market segment for DISH. A successful Assistant Brand Manager will have the following:
· Must be proficient in any of the ethnic languages Hindi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, Brazilian, Polish, Mandarin, Cantonese and have a clear understanding of the ethnic community; additionally, strong verbal and written English communications skills are required
· Bachelor’s degree from a top tiered four-year college or university and 2 - 4 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA highly desirable
· Ability to influence and collaborate across various functional groups including operations, sales, distribution, marketing, finance, programming and legal. Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership and promote enthusiasm
· Must be results oriented and have an understanding of metrics and data and experience working with agencies is preferred; Prior product or brand management experience is preferred
· Embrace consumer shopping and buying behaviors across multiple platforms to manage the entire marketing funnel to drive consumer preference of DISH International as their entertainment provider of choice
· Thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis.
DISH Network L.L.C.
9601 South Meridian Blvd. | Englewood, CO | 80112
Interns, Paid, Part-time
From Ms. Nancy Moran of The ALTRA Group.
Ms. Yuhan Liu, liuyuhan
Introduction of Han Media
Han Media is a media/communications firm that produces magazines/books and video content for a number of leading media channels in China. Han Media also hosts upscale events for Chinese professionals in real estate, finance, education and culture for them to better connect with their American counterparts. Now Han Media is looking for qualified and responsible interns to start immediately.
· Assist Chief-Editor with editorial work and research; Maintain a wechat account: mainly publish 1-2 articles per week (Intern's responsibility does not include writing)
· Maintain social media platforms (Wechat, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
· Media related or marketing major preferred;
· Outstanding (Chinese/English) writing skills;
· 10-12 hours per week at Han's primary office in Times Square;
· First three months are unpaid, but payment will start once candidates pass probation
· $10/hour after two months' probation
· Interview opportunities with high-profile individuals;
· Opportunity to organize and participate upscale events and expand personal network;
· Great learning experience of journalism, publishing and video production
Global Internal Communications Manager - HR
From Ms. Susan C. Rink (via Ms. Racquel White).
Develop and execute internal communication programs across Goodyear for the purpose of improving business alignment and employee satisfaction.
Focus on developing content for organization that you support from a Communications perspective. Collaborate with other content owners to ensure messages are aligned with business priorities. Measure effectiveness of communication efforts.
· This position requires the following skills: Critical Thinking - Uncover root causes and key obstacles behind client needs, Core Writing - Select writing and content based on desired stakeholder reaction, Communication Coaching and Teaching - providing counsel to manager and senior leaders, Audience Understanding - understand stakeholder motivations and preferences.
· Prior experience in Project Management - Develop schedules and effectively delegate tasks, and Communications Measurement - setup metrics at the onset of an initiative - is required.
· Strategic Agility - Willing to explore different paths to achieve an outcome.
· Bachelor's Degree in Communications required.
· Master's Degree in Communications or related field preferred.
· 10 - 15 years of experience in Communication.
· This position requires experience in the following areas: 1) writing 2) website creation 3) use of social media 4)understanding of statistics and measurement tools 5) directing production of video content.
Tasks Increase use of video in communication with associates.
· Identify measurement tools and provide regular reports on effectiveness of communication initiatives.
· Document internal communication processes and keep a "center of excellence" for Internal Communication best practices.
· Continue excitement of Akron associates for new global HQ, including use of HQ Navigator portal for enhanced 2-way communication.
For more information and to apply, visit:
Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Paid Summer Intern - Energy & Environmental Research Group-TMA00026
From Mr. Fields Jackson of Racing Toward Diversity magazine.
Paid Summer Internship at Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
TMA-EERG is seeking one graduate level intern for the summer of 2015. The intern will work independently, in conjunction with and support from EERG staff. We propose the following 10-12 week project that should be a valuable and enriching experience for the intern and provide EERG a useful work product. The project is in-line with EERGs responsibility to analyze energy and climate policy and regulations.
Toyota is committed to achieving a sustainable transportation system that provides mobility to all. This requires a careful consideration of the impacts of transportation design on natural resources and the environment. Today, those considerations are governed by a host of government policy and regulations that increasingly attempt to influence the market for conventional and alternative powertrains and fuels; sometimes at odds with consumer choice and behavior.
The focus of this internship will be two-fold. First, Toyota is interested in how the performance and sales volumes of various fuel economy technologies have aligned with the expectations of policy makers and the projections in regulations. In particular, this part of the internship would compare historical vehicle sales with the ones that had been projected by modeling of CAFE and ZEV. This will serve as a baseline for the second phase of the research and provide analysis in support of Toyota’s input into the CAFE mid-term review. The second area of interest is California’s cap and trade (C&T), which recently added transportation fuels to the market.
Questions to be explored include:
1. How does this market compare to the EU market which also includes transportation?
2. What are the expected or potential effects on vehicles sales from the interactions between the C&T and other existing regulations including CAFE, the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), and the ZEV mandate?
3. What might the price and market effect on fuels and vehicles be if other states adopt the CA system or join the CA market?
4. How might this regulatory scheme compare to other options such as an economy wide carbon tax, or end-use carbon trading?
Understanding the sensitivity and uncertainty of how these policies interact and their real-world market and socio-economic impacts helps us develop and support an effective regulatory policy framework –one that achieves the intended policy objective of a self-sustaining market for low carbon transportation while avoiding unintended consequences.
The role of the intern will be to conduct quantitative modeling to help us better understand the socio-economic and market effects of CA C&T in the context of the other existing policy schemes. The intern will work independently and in conjunction with and under the supervision of EERG researchers. The culmination of the project will result in a stand-alone report to Toyota. We recognize that due to the academic nature of this project it may not be possible to complete all parts of phase two. Interested candidates should articulate how they intend to approach the problem and how their background can support the research. Depending on the outcome, the student may pursue separate peer-review publication. It is our hope that this project will support or align with existing graduate studies. The student candidate should possess strong analytical math skills and experience, and have a background and interest in engineering and technology policy.
· 3.0 GPA (out of 4.0) in an accredited engineering or science major
· Be a student in good standing and pursuing a MS or PhD.
· Proof of academic transcripts
· Full-time, enrolled graduate student, or student entering graduate school
· Possess strong interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, adaptability, and cultural sensitivity
· Be proficient with MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Toyota is an equal opportunity employer. Toyota hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence status does not include individuals in non-immigrant status (H, B, L, or TN visas) or those with temporary work authorization, such as students in practical training status (F and J visas).
For more information and to apply, visit:
5. February 2015 14:14
The APAPA Internship & Scholarship applications have been extended to February 20th, 2015.
The APAPA Capitol Summer Internship Program is designed to prepare college students to become future leaders in the State of California. This program provides an opportunity for students to develop their leadership skills, gain public policy experience and become civically engaged.The internship program will develop:Political awareness and civic engagementUnderstanding of government and legislative processesProfessional and leadership qualitiesNetworking skills with other fellow internsThe Scholarship Program requirements are as follows: The student applicant must be a resident of California;The applicant must bea U.S. citizen or permanent resident;The applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited two year or four year college or universityThe applicant must possess a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75Two letters of recommendation must accompany the application from separate individuals, neither of whom are related to the applicant ,and;The applicant must demonstrate commitment to the API community in a written personal statement
To Apply, click here: http://apapa.org/news/scholarship.aspx
2. February 2015 13:53
Do you live in the Greater Sacramento Area and are currently attending your senior year of high school or are attending College/University or Vocational School/Community College in the 2015 - 16 academic year?
If so, you should apply for the APSEA Foundation Scholarship Awards!
-Be a student residing in the Greater Sacramento Area
-Complete an application, including 2 required letters of reference that state educational need and recommendation from each of the following:
1) Academic mentor, such as a school counselor, administrator, or teacher and
2) A reference familiar with the applicant’s background (Coach, family advocate, employer, or community friend).
- Meet all appropriate deadlines.
For more information, follow this link: http://www.apsea.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2015Scholarship-Flyer1.pdf
27. January 2015 17:51
Don't forget to apply for APAPA's internship and scholarship in Sacramento! For more details, please visit our website at : http://apapa.org/news/scholarship.aspx
23. June 2014 13:33
Attention APAPA Alumni! RSVP today for the 2014 API Annual International Leadership Alumni Conference, August 8-10, 2014 in Vacaville and Vallejo, CA! To RSVP or for more details, visit http://2014alumniconference.splashthat.com/
Download PDF Flyer: http://apapa.org/pdf/2014/2014_Alumni_Flyer.pdf
19. May 2014 15:46
Join us for the APAPA Alumni Conference from August 8-10, 2014 at the Yin Ranch in Vacaville and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo! To RSVP and for more information about the conference, please visit http://2014alumniconference.splashthat.com/
Note: conference limited to alumni interns of sponsoring organizations
Limited capacity and reservations will be made on a first come, first serve basis.
Download PDF Flyer: http://apapa.org/pdf/2014/2014_Alumni_Flyer.pdf
13. May 2014 16:08
The Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Association-Bay Area Region (APAPA-BAR) celebrated their 3rd annual Youth Leadership Internship Graduation on May 8th, 2014 in Hayward. The event was well attended to celebrate intern graduates Priscilla Law, Oliver Chew, and Jain Thapa. Judge Stuart Hing of the Alameda County Superior Court was presented with the Mentor of the Year Award. APAPA's mission is to empower Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Americans through education, active participation, and leadership in civic and public affairs. Interns have the opportunity to work for elected officials at all levels of government. They receive an invaluable perspective of how our government functions. As interns, they learn about the budgets, how bills become law, resolving constituent concerns and what it means to be civically engaged.
World Journal Article - BAR's Internship Graduation: http://epaperworldjournal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx
Photo Gallery: https://www.facebook.com/apapahq
15. April 2014 15:37
Visit APAPA's online photo gallery for photos taken at the 10th Annual Capitol Internship Award, Scholarship Fundraising & Installation Gala on April 5, 2014 at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento. Thanks to Danny Lee, John Oback and Rochelle Pastor for attending the event and taking photos.
APAPA's Gallery: http://apapa.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7585
10. April 2014 15:17
I am writing to you personally to congratulate and thank all of you for a successful APAPA 10th Annual Capitol Internship Award, Scholarship Fundraising & Installation Gal last Saturday. We had great representation from diverse community, business & government leaders. This event has been extremely successful in developing our students to become leaders of tomorrow.
The success of this huge and historical event is a result of all your hard work through the leadership of Lucy Oback, APAPA President & Internship Chair. I would also like to thank Amy Tong, APAPA Vice Chair, for assisting in managing the program, Sokie Hul and the entire Hq. staff for providing support, the Scholarship Committee, Duper Tong for media staging and all the board members. I would also like to thank the APAPA Chapter leaders who traveled all the way to Sacramento from all over California to support and share in our celebration. I would like to recognize our Keynote Speaker, Sandy Chau, for his inspirational speech. Thank you to all the event sponsors, elected officials, businesses, community leaders and all of the guests who made this event exciting and memorable.
I look forward to working with all of you with continued success.
C.C. Yin, APAPA Founder & Chair
2. April 2014 12:01
Meet Sandy Chau, National Chair of APAPA's Internship & Scholarship Program and Keynote Speaker of this year's gala!
Mr. Sandy Wai-Yan Chau has been active in IT business investments since 1997. From 1992 to 1997 he was CEO of one of the largest and most diversified listed construction and real estate firms in Taiwan. Mr. Chau began his career as head of a consulting firm for start-ups in the San Francisco Bay Area. He was the founding president of the influential Asian American Manufacturing Association (AAMA) in Silicon Valley in 1979, and in 1977 started Universal Semiconductor in San Jose, California. Since 1984, he has been actively involved in various real estate projects in the U.S. and Far East. He has a BS in chemical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and an MBA.
For more information, please visit our event page at http://2014internshipgala.splashthat.com/
13. March 2014 12:06
Please come to congratulate the past six months of community volunteerism, local government service and professional development of the APAPA-BAR Youth Leadership Interns at their graduation on Thursday, May 8, 2014 at Skywest Golf Course in Hayward.
For more information, please contact Patricia Cheng at PatriciaCheng@apapa.org or call (925) 759-2488.
Download flyer: http://apapa.org/bac/pdf/2014_bar_intern_grad.pdf
10. March 2014 10:51
Join us on April 5, 2014 at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Sacramento as we celebrate the achievements of our interns and scholarship recipients, fund raise and rock the night away! To RSVP or for more information, please visit www.2014internshipgala.splashthat.com.
For sponsorship opportunities: http://apapa.org/pdf/2014/2014_schol_flyer-sponsor_form.pdf
3. February 2014 16:42
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is currently accepting applications for their third annual PG&E Bright Minds Scholarship program. For more information and how to apply, please visit www.pge.com/brightminds
30. January 2014 11:32
California State University, Sacramento's Center for California Studies sponsors the Capital Fellows Programs for college grads to receive a monthly stipend of $1,972 to work for 10-11 months as full-time members of a legislative, executive, or judicial branch office. Apply online today by visiting www.csus.edu/calst/programs. For more information, please call (916) 278-6906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
28. January 2014 10:05
The deadline for APAPA-CEF's internship & scholarship is fast approaching. Students who wish to be considered for the internship or scholarship must complete an application and submit required documents by Tuesday, February 11, 2014.
To download the application or for more details, please visit: http://www.apapa.org/news/scholarship.aspx. If you have any questions, please contact Lucy Oback, APAPA President/Internship Chair at email@example.com or call 916-928-9988 x 102.
23. January 2014 14:01
Scholarship and internship applications are available for download for Florida students. Application deadline: February 28, 2014. For more information, please contact Andrew Jeng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Scholarship Application
Florida Internship Application
29. November 2013 11:26
APAPA-CEF 2014 Internship & Scholarship program applications are now available on our website at www.apapa.org. All college students in good academic standing are encouraged to apply. For more information, please contact Lucy Oback at 916-928-9988 ext. 102 or email to email@example.com. The deadline for both programs is February 11, 2014.
More information about this exciting annual program can be found here: www.apapa.org/news/scholarship.aspx
Scholarship Application: www.apapa.org/pdf/2014/2014_schol_app.pdf
Internship Application: www.apapa.org/pdf/2014/2014_intern_app.pdf